Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

You're Going to Make It

Years ago, when I was in a place of great turmoil, I was standing at the altar at church.  A man at the church must have saw the look of anguish on my face.  He came up and put his hand on my shoulder and said, "You're going to make it."  At that point, I had serious doubts as to whether I would make it.  I needed those words... it was a relief to my soul.

That season was one of the most difficult times of my life.  Yet, in the midst of the turmoil God was reaching out to me in love.  In the midst of my trials, God loved me.  I still had to go through some tough things.  Some of those things were not my fault.  Some of them could probably have been avoided had I made some better decisions.  And some of them definitely were my fault.  Yet, despite all of it, God revealed His love to me.  He gave me strength to carry on.  

No matter what you are going through, no matter how hard it is, God loves you and YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE IT!

1 comment:

Prayer Equals Peace

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow...