Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Release

contemplating how the pain runs deep
and the heart wants to explode
in fury, in rage, in expression
and announce to the world that I am here and I am real
and I feel deeper than most
and I dream, bigger than many
and I hope, with holy passion
and I expect, to stand in the cloud of glory
how I lament
that I can never be the man I want to be
so it seems
I can never arrive at that "place"
where everything falls into place
where I raise my hands and stand in glory
and lift my voice and utter authority
where demons flee and darkness trembles
at the mention of His name on my lips
I can never measure up to the standard I have created
so I cower in guilt and shame
I can never pray the hours I think I should
I can only pursue grace
I can never achieve all I want to achieve
I can only bow my knee
I am holding my hands to my face
as I try to hold back tears
that demand release
I hope and I pray, that I can remember this moment of surrender
and the love you are giving me now is a compassion 
I can one day give away
at the altar, I remember
the love you poured out on me
and now I pray, as I contemplate each harsh reality
that grace will come and whisk away
the depth of pain I feel today
and strength will rise and hold me up
with joy for another day

4 comments:

  1. I dont know how to write poems, I just go with what I feel at that moments.
    Would you call this another form of poerty?
    It really spoke out to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bridget - Thank you for your comment. I don't technically know how to write poems either. I just write what comes out, what I'm feeling. For me it has always been a way of emotional release, helps me feel better I suppose. Poetry doesn't have to rhyme, mine rarely does. It can just be free verse. I like to think my poems have a cadence to them that flows well (I hope), that's what I aim for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We write the same way then. Emotional release. I think your poems flow great.

    ReplyDelete

Prayer Equals Peace

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow...