Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Forever

I remember you
the faint memory of your gaze upon me
the sound of your voice, when you spoke my name
I ponder, as I remember
how we danced past midnight
holding you in my arms
was like heaven for one day
still the morning sun arises
and I must find my place in all of this
but, I pause, and I remember
the tone of your skin at twilight
your tender voice as you chided me
for what I should have done
and should have remembered
but both you and I knew
it was no matter
and your smile said you did not really care
all you cared is that I was there
to hold you by the curbside
to whisper your name
and tell you things
which stirred your laughter
like the soft notes of a piano
a crescendo of your giggle
that reminds me
how you delight in me
and I in you
and we will, indeed, hold each other
forever

2 comments:

Prayer Equals Peace

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow...