Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Expecting Great Things...

I read this today in an e-mail devotional from David Wilkerson:  "God is more prepared to keep His promises to you than the devil is to ruin you. Indeed, no matter how near the enemy comes to you, the Lord is all the nearer."  You can read the entire devotional here, if you'd like.

I'll keep this short... the quote above is really encouraging to me.  It seems, this year, in my life, the enemy has been nearer, perhaps more than ever before.  Yet, despite the temptations to give up, I believe I am on the verge of a breakthrough in my life.  I feel like I must be close to God doing some significant, or Satan would not be fighting so hard.  So, I am excited about what God is going to do.  A little nervous too, to be honest.  Next Monday our team leaves for Honduras and I'm expecting great and mighty things!

God Bless,
Jon

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying for you and the whole group on the adventure God has for you.

    ReplyDelete

Prayer Equals Peace

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow...