Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Give Me Peace

let me find a place on this earth where my soul can be at peace
perhaps in the mountain valleys, where streams run free and clear
as they roll like laughter down grassy hillsides
where I can ponder questions, and my spirit find release

for there to be light, must there be darkness?
for there to be glory, must there be shadows?
this world is full of contrasts, paradoxes, mysteries
somewhere in all of this, is there a place, where my heart can be at peace?
a place where there is no trouble, only quietness
yet each quiet moment is a moment that burgeons with sound
as the energy of the eternal bursts forth through everything

for there to be joy, must there be heartache?
for there to be healing, must there be pain?
for there to be greater glory, how deep must this suffering be?
like a grizzly of the mountains, You bound with rumbling power
bound through me, cast my sin, as far as east is from west
like the ram along the roadside, You run, You run, You run
and where You want to be, You will be there
but will You be here, when I am weighed down by sorrow?
when I am burdened
will Your Spirit search out darkness and fill it with light?
will Your glory seek out the shadows and clear them out with brightness?
will the peace of Your presence find my troubled heart and flood it with silence?

I am breaking under the pressure, under the weight of these crushing shadows
and under the strong chastisement of Your glory
as You pull me through, my life is taut
and I fear it might break beyond repair
so, here I wonder, will You search me out and fill me with Your glory?
forgive that which must be forgiven and cleanse that which must be cleansed
and, for once, give me an answer plainly, one void of mystery
speak to my present with no finger to my future
because if I can’t make it now, I can’t make it there
and I can’t get there unless You go with me, and give me peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer Equals Peace

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow...