Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

It's Gonna Be Worth It (Poem)

when the trials run deep
it's gonna be worth it
do you believe it?
when all around you all you can see is darkness
and the memories of past sins crowd in with confusion
and when, in the midst of prayer, anger rises up in your heart
from a moment remembered
and you wonder
will I ever be delivered?
will that moment ever come?
will I march out of Egypt with plunder?
will I see the promised land?

in the midst of fire
gold is being refined
but, then you look at yourself
with disgust
at the wounds that fester
and wonder how many nights you'll have to swat away swarming demons
harassed and helpless, you cry out
for the Shepherd
lead me into better pastures
fill my heart with joy and laughter

when the suffering runs deep
it's gonna be worth it
when the work of God has been perfected
it's gonna be worth it
when He has tried me, indeed
I will come forth as gold
though He slay me, yet will I trust Him
though I ask, why, why, why?
still I will persist
yet, I will be faithful
I will lift up my heart to Him

to You, O Lord, I lift up my soul
let me not be ashamed
let not my enemies triumph over me

these momentary trials
exhausting as they seem
they're going to be worth it
this pain that never seems to end
it's going to be worth it
a desire fulfilled, a tree of life
a heart weighed down by bitterness no more
it will come
though it tarry, wait for it
it will come
in that day He brings you into rich fulfillment
lift up your eyes, lift up your eyes
lift them high
it's gonna be worth it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer Equals Peace

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow...