Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Perfect Peace

"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea.  Men will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken.  At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.  When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”
Luke 21:25-28

Several years ago, in a dream, I was walking around my hometown in Michigan.  Everyone knew that a great earthquake was coming.  People were fearful, running to and fro, battening down the hatches, preparing for the earthquake.  But I had peace.  I had no fear or dread, just perfect peace.  

As I walked into my house people were frantic.  There was a small child in the house.  I looked down at him and began to tell him about Jesus.  As I told him about Jesus he began to cry.  Right there, in the house, and in the midst of impending tragedy, I led him to the Lord.

I believe the dream the Lord gave me is a picture of the body of Christ in the time in which we are living.  While the world is in terror, we will have peace.  And because of that peace people will be drawn to us.  And we will tell them about Jesus, the author of peace.

Hebrews 6:19 says, “We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.”  We will be an anchor of peace for a world that is in turmoil.  Like a fireplace on a dark, cold night, people will be drawn to our light, a safe place in the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer Equals Peace

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow...