Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Enemy Cannot Have You

“When the enemy comes in like a flood,
The Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him.”
Isaiah 59:19 (NKJV)

There are times when our enemy, the devil, pursues us with relentless persistence.  We feel the hot breath of evil on our faces.  We feel like hunted prey.  It seems like he has us in his grip and there is no escape.  Yet, at the moment we feel most overwhelmed, the Lord lifts up a standard against him.  He steps in and says, “You cannot have my child.” 
Though our enemy hounds us ferociously, the Lord promises that he cannot have us.  He cannot completely overtake us because we belong to the Lord! 
You’ve probably seen the movie Jurassic Park.  Towards the end of the movie the two children are being pursued by two raptors.  The raptors are quick, ferocious and apparently pretty smart too.  The children barely escape being killed and eaten. 
Last night, in my dream, I was near a door and one of those raptors was on the other side, trying to get close to me.  The raptor apparently came through the door and overtook me.  It had me in its grip.  Its long claws were literally on my skin.  But then the Raptor stopped.  I think it looked up.  And the Lord said, “My kingdom will be expanded.”  That was my dream as I remember it.
Through this dream Jesus reminded me that the enemy cannot have me.  Even though, at times, I may feel overwhelmed and overtaken by my foe, God has placed a limit on how far the enemy can go.  Though he may be near me, he may seem to have me in his clutches, Satan cannot have me.  The Lord will not allow it because I belong to him. 
The enemy seeks to utterly destroy my life, but, God says that His kingdom will be expanded in my life.  In other words, God has a plan for me.  God has a plan to use me in the expansion of His kingdom on the earth.  Until God’s purpose for my life on this earth is completely I believe the devil cannot destroy my life.
Isaiah 54:16-17 says,

“‘See, it is I who created the blacksmith
who fans the coals into flame
and forges a weapon fit for its work.
And it is I who have created the destroyer to work havoc; 
no weapon forged against you will prevail,
and you will refute every tongue that accuses you.
This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD,
and this is their vindication from me,’
declares the LORD.
Isaiah 54:16-17 (NIV)

Today you may feel utterly overwhelmed by the enemy.  It may seem like he has the upper hand.  You may feel like you are in his grasp and there is no escape.  But God promises that the enemy cannot have you.  No weapon formed against you will prevail.  Your heritage as a child of God is complete and total victory.  Take heart today, have courage.  God is with you and the enemy cannot have you! 



“The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD,
And He delights in his way.
Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down;
For the LORD upholds him with His hand.”
Psalm 37:23-24 (NKJV)

2 comments:

  1. Jon,
    Thanks for the encouraging article. You don't know how much this one ministered to me.
    Allen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Allen - it was a word I very much needed to hear too. I'm glad it ministered to you.

    Jon

    ReplyDelete

Prayer Equals Peace

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow...