Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

I Wake Up Weeping

I reach for you in dreams
and wake up weeping
like a child untouched
heart unbroken
you were an unfettered portrait of innocence
my heart pines for you like the dreamer yearns for night
my soul thirsts for you as the watchman waits for morning
I awaken to tears at 3 a.m.
unsure of my crying
unclear of this longing
yet knowing
how I long to breathe in untainted innocence
it’s the happiness I remember
when we were young and free
and the world did not matter
all that mattered was the forest and trees
the bicycle and the breeze
and I was connected with the God of the universe
hands raised, eyes closed, and sun on my face
now I search for innocence in dreams
and wake up weeping
tears falling down my face
trembling by my pillow
you were a child untouched
heart unbroken
an unsullied portrait of innocence
I reach out to hug you
a smile on my face
delight in my eyes
on this journey together
it would just be you and I

2 comments:

Prayer Equals Peace

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow...