Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

He Gives Us Wings to Soar

When you’re down or discouraged, weary from the battle, sometimes you need an extra “pick me up” to get you going.  You need that extra push from God to rise above the battle, to get back to that place of joy and peace in His presence.  You pray and cry out to God, but it seems you just can’t quite get there, though you feel so close.  You want to lift your hands and praise the Lord, but you give into the heaviness.  On this day, you’re just too plain tired to fight a little harder.  You know there is a life full of love and joy in the Lord, if you just had the strength to rise above the constant attack.  You desperately need a touch from God.

There is an often quoted promise found in Isaiah 40: 

“Even the youths shall faint and be weary,
And the young men shall utterly fall,
But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint. (vs. 30-31, NKJV)  

Even the strongest among us get tired from time to time.  Even the giants in the faith sometimes grow weary.

If you love the Lord and are seeking to follow Him with all your heart then you know you are a target for attack from the enemy.  If you feel constantly assaulted by the devil and his demons, take heart!  You must be doing something right.

In the midst of the battle I know God has a great and awesome plan for me.  Even in the place of my deepest discouragement, there is a hope.  God has placed a vision in my spirit, a picture of what can be.  Though I battle against the heaviness, I press on.  And I press in to the high calling of God.  I cry out to know Him more deeply.  I step out in faith onto the water, to accomplish things for His kingdom.

And then the attack comes.  Sometimes it would be easier to just give up, so it seems.  But I can’t stay down long.  I have to keep getting back up.  Even in light of failures and regrets, there is a promise that burns deep within me.  I have hope.  I know God hasn’t given up on me yet.  I get back up and He gives me the strength to carry on.

Even when we grow tired and weary, even when we stumble and fall – if we wait on the Lord, He will renew our strength.  As we wait on Him our spirits are buoyed up by the power of His presence.  

Perhaps you’ve stumbled and fallen on your face again.  You're trying to get back up.  You're struggling to find the strength to rise up again.  And then, just like the wind that fills a kite, you feel the strength of the Spirit of God rise up inside of you.  His strength pushes you upward, propels you forward.

Soon your eyes are no longer on yourself, focusing on your own failures and weaknesses.  Soon your eyes are lifted up to Him and your hands are raised to the sky, worshipping Him with all your heart.  Strength is rising up.  Joy is being restored.  Soon you begin to run, not in your own strength, but by the power of His might.  

He gives us wings to soar.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you're talking about. Wait on the Lord!

    ReplyDelete

Prayer Equals Peace

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow...