Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

The Keeper of My Dream

“They hurt his feet with fetters,
He was laid in irons.
Until the time that his word came to pass,
The word of the Lord tested him.
Psalm 105:18-19

tonight, Lord Jesus, I pray
that you would unlock the chains that have bound me
for I remember long ago
the dream that arose from my heart
and how I reached out with hope and received it
claimed it as my own
a willing receiver, I believed
and I recall, how we drove down that highway
you and me
and the dream was so alive in my heart
this journey we embarked on together
this magnificent quest, yes, I believed
I knew the journey would not be easy
but who knew it would be this hard?
who knew I’d end up this broken?
who knew I’d lift beseeching hands to You
in such desperate moments?
they have plowed down my back
and made their furrows long
they’ve stripped me bare
my soul has been made gaunt
and I can only breathe with heavy sighs
my God, my God, why?
they have clapped my feet in irons
bound my hands in shackles
led me out like a sheep to the slaughter
when I open my mouth I voice out my complaint
in the privacy of prayers I make loud my anger
and lash out at You
yet, I still lift my voice to heaven
with this burden that has been laid on my back
I have borne some defeats
been dealt some setbacks
but I arise another day
to write the vision down and make it plain
even though now my soul is limping
and I need You now more than I thought I needed You then
I pray, let me run again with my vision
may I arise to the glorious day
cause if it comes to pass it’s going to have to be You
for heaped upon me is my own brokenness
and I can barely lift my head
dear Jesus, answer me
come to me tonight and break off the shackles of my shame
be the fulfillment of my dream
once again, command my destiny
may the trial be over, the testing complete
for in You all things have been perfected
I offer to You
the tattered remnants of the dream You gave me
please write a new chapter in my story
bring me out into a spacious land
a land of rich fulfillment
be the keeper of my dream

“‘They have greatly oppressed me from my youth,’ 
    let Israel say
‘they have greatly oppressed me from my youth,
    but they have not gained the victory over me.
Plowmen have plowed my back
    and made their furrows long.
But the Lord is righteous; 
    he has cut me free from the cords of the wicked.’”
Psalm 129:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer Equals Peace

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow...