Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Remember Me

who will hold me, on a cold, winter night?
who will shelter me, be my everlasting comfort?
won’t You take me into Your arms
and whisper into my ears
won’t You surround me, while I sleep
be my angel, who guards me
and watches over me with eternal vigilance
be the One who keeps me, from all danger
from all fear, from all destruction
keep me from evil, I pray
and from all temptation
deliver me in my hour of torment
as I lift my soul up to You
like a baby who sleeps so tenderly in her crib
be the Father who watches over me
and won’t ever let me stray
tonight, I am praying, that You will hear my groaning
and remember
turn Your eyes and remember, like you remembered Israel of old
You heard the cry of their bondage
their deepest sighing and innermost moaning
little comfort to provide for themselves, they hoped
wrapped in their own lonely arms, they cried
and wept
deeply
bitterly
softly
sobbing, they cried out
and You remembered
tonight, Lord, I pray, remember
remember me, on a blustery pier
gazing out across snowy waters
tears and snot on my face
remember me
in the nights of my groaning
my desperate longings
looking up at the ceiling and hoping
that you would answer my cry
remember me
at the altars of my childhood
leaning on Your breast
longing to listen to Your heart
remember me
remember me in the hour of trial
on my face, on the carpet, wondering if I would make it
remember my tears
remember my love
remember my longing
turn Your eyes, Your face, I pray, and remember
Your covenant
Your promises
hide me in Your shelter tonight, I pray
and remind me
of unfailing love and never-ending mercy
remember me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer Equals Peace

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow...