Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

River of Healing

river, river that runs through me
lead me, lead me into the deep center stream of Your will
O Great River, invisible as You are
I am overwhelmed at the sight of You
and I want to be overcome by the whole of You
as Your torrents wash over me
dipping my head back in Your stream
I feel the sunlight on my face
I feel the breath of the universe on my skin
and it is wholly refreshing
swimming here, in Your river

there is a stream that makes glad the city of God
the Lord is within her, she will not fall
she will stand at the break of day
there is a mountain from which flows
a river that brings cleansing and healing to the nations
nations will rise up, they will rise up
at the glory of the River that flows
from a mountainous throne

there is a deluge from heaven
and I am running in it
I am dancing in the downpour
sprinting through grass that has been soaked
flinging my body, splashing in puddles of glory
I am running like a prisoner set free
for my soul has been liberated in the path of Your commands
a shout from heaven
and the darkness that has gripped me is dispersed
scattered in many directions
shout my name, I want to hear!
that I am free and the enemy cannot touch me anymore

waterfall, waterfall that falls over me
your force, like Niagara, infuses me with power
lead me, lead me, I pray, into the deep place of Your will
be like a fountain of life which wells up inside of me
be like a spout of liberty that I cannot contain
you rise up from deep inside me
I cannot hold back this gush of power
I cannot quench this presence
I cannot dam this river
it will flow and not stop flowing
and bring healing to the nations
wherever it flows, wherever it flows 


Short clip of Niagara Falls...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer Equals Peace

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow...