Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

How I Long To See the Day

"For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God."
Romans 8:20-21

the night is spent in turning
the minutes are counted, each, one by one
as every passing moment is a reminder
of the hope I grasp for
the deliverance for which I long
for years I have labored under this burden
and longed for the day, for the moment
when You would bring release
in this deep and desperate bondage
I can hear the cry of freedom
it rings out like a far of call
and even though it seems so far away
I can hear it, I can feel it
and it stirs within me a hopeful longing
that it won’t be long
my oppression, You have surely seen
my cry, You have heard indeed
these taskmasters, of them You have taken notice
my sorrows, You have surely known
to bring me up out of this land, You have said You will
to a land flowing with milk and honey
how I long to see that day!
to a good and spacious land, You have proclaimed
my affliction, it has reached Your heart
with compassion, You have turned Your eyes
how I long to see the day
the day when all my fears are whisked away

this night another reminder
of how I have tossed and turned in affliction
this day, how I can reflect upon
the sorrows that have rolled over me
sorrows like billows roll
with the surging of the storm, I am troubled
with the swelling of the ocean, I lose my way
with the rolling of each wave, I am surrounded
I tumble with each heave
my soul rises up in me, I let out a cry
the wave settles on the other side, and I issue a sigh
another prayer, another offering
another request, grasping for some light
in this moment of distress
in the tumult of this darkness
from a far off cloud I hear a cry
it’s the cry of freedom
and it stirs something deep within my heart
the day of deliverance is soon at hand
how I long to see the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer Equals Peace

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow...