Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Come Quickly

O God, be not silent
be not far off
for my soul is in agony
and I cannot hear Your voice
though I know You are close, as close as the mention of Your name
I need to hear You, I need to feel You
I need to know that You are and that You still care for me
my sins have been heaped up upon me
but I know, that you cast them far away
as far as the east is from the west
O my God, be not far off
come quickly, Lord, to save me
for my spirit is crushed under the weight of cares
and disappointments
rise up, O Lord, and be my Defender
for my soul is weary with sorrow
all day and all night
my soul cries out
sometimes only a whimper
a prayer of exasperation
hoping that You will once again come near to me
that You will be near me
and not let my enemies triumph over me
save, me, O Lord, in Your unfailing love
do not reject me
do not turn Your face away from me
in these moments of my distress
I need to know that You are still close to me
and I am still close to You
and that, in Your sight, I am acceptable
O Jesus, restore me
in Your righteousness, in Your unfailing love
I am weary under the fog of my affliction
my oppressors surround me every day
and breathe out lies and accusations
I pray, Lord Jesus, that you would silence their voice
that You would be strong in me
and the enemy would have no place
no foothold
no ability to torment me
come quickly, Lord, come quickly



No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer Equals Peace

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow...