Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

When the Glory Comes…

it must be scandalous, like something I should not have seen
more intimate than a mortal man should dare to be
but, still,
I am here!

when the weight of the glory comes
will you be able to stand under it?
cast a casual glance at His feet
and just keep on eating
cause when the fire comes, it will burn
when His presence falls, it will lift you up
when the weight of His glory comes
just keep smiling
look at your friend, smile at your neighbor
with a knowing look in your eye
unspoken, but understood
that for so long we have waited for this day
this day, when His glory would fall
for so long we have prayed
for revival to come

here He hides me
in the cleft of the rock
His hand upon me, and I catch a glimpse of glory
it must be scandalous, like something I should not have seen
more intimate than a mortal man should dare to be
but, still,
I am here!

in the year King Uzziah died… I saw the Lord
on the road to Damascus, I encountered Him
high and lifted up, He was
a blinding light, He is
all these problems that I’ve been dwelling on for so long
whisked away, with just one encounter of glory
when I see His face, that is all it takes
in the night when He met me
we wrestled until daybreak
and when I laid my head on a stone for rest
surely, the presence of the Lord was in this place
and I was not aware!
when he stepped out on the scene
indeed, we beheld His glory
full of grace and truth
and in quiet, tender moments, when I lay my head on His breast
I can feel glory shoot right through me
and the other night, when I laid my head to rest
who would have believed, that I would dream
that would lead me from here to there
far away from what I call home
and into a place where I’d feel often alone
yet, deep in this place where my soul is refined
He longs and desires, that my light would shine
when His glory comes…

when the weight of His glory comes
will you be able to bear the weight of it?
in this cloud of glory
I can feel the strength of the Lord
though I cannot bear it
He reaches down and takes my hand
urges me to go on
though I stumble and I falter
in my journey towards His throne
He says, “Rise up, My child, Rise Up,
You can make it!”

Lord, I want to encounter You
in ways greater than I’ve ever known before
at the end of this road of suffering, I pray
let Your glory come
let Your glory come

“Moses and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and the seventy elders of Israel went up and saw the God of Israel. Under his feet was something like a pavement made of sapphire, clear as the sky itself.  But God did not raise his hand against these leaders of the Israelites; they saw God, and they ate and drank.”
Exodus 24:9-11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer Equals Peace

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow...