Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

northern night

northern sky
dancing lights
backdrop of darkness
sparkling pinpoints upon the blackness
ashes at my feet
I feel your heat
and add to you twigs and branches
puffs of oxygen
to fuel a fire
for this night is not the same without you
verdant shoreline
sandy, pebbled beach
your grit is in my fingertips
in you my toes find solace
my hands are your filter
and for this evening, you are my home
where is the boundary of the fire
as it fades into ebony?
might my soul find flight in you
may my spirit find quietness
may my mind find peace in your release
as you disappear into darkness
at the place where the day meets night
where the horizon waves goodbye to fading sunlight
and the freighter chugs proudly
no matter what time of day it is
wave, O wave – rolling onto Superior shore
come roll onto the shore of my heart
this beach is my banqueting table
His banner over me is Love
as the sounds of the northern night
gambol around me
and fill my mind with soothing memories
memories of northern nights

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer Equals Peace

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow...