Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Longing for Intimacy

afraid of intimacy
I hide under a garment of shame
afraid of the sunlight
I hide in the shadows and cover my face
afraid of my own brokenness
I sit in the back and never ask no one their name
in a perfect world, a perfect place, a perfect time
we’d all surrender to the moment
unafraid of the backlash of ridicule
of hanging in the balance on every word that is spoken
I’m no stranger to the darkness
though I’ve tried so hard to live in the light
still living in a world that I do not know
and does not know me
values I do not understand
caring for things that seem unimportant
can I ask for a piece of bread
a drink of water
a pillow and a bed
a quiet room filled with songs and laughter
sharing stories and love
filled with dancing and weeping
holding every thought and heart as a prized possession
captured in this realm of intimacy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer Equals Peace

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow...