Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Becoming Like Jesus

"For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son..." (Romans 8:29)

I recall, while in college several years ago, after a time of prayer, the Lord led me to this Scripture.  He showed me how He was using the struggles of my life to make me more like Jesus.  That gave deeper meaning and purpose to the things I was going through.  

Now, several years later, as I look back on the struggles of life, I realize that the process of become more like Jesus is a never-ending.  Sometimes I get discouraged with the process.   

II Corinthians 3:18 says, "And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit."

The process of becoming like Jesus need not be a never-ending drudgery, but a glorious experience.  Yes, in His presence we are changed.  Yes, God uses uncomfortable circumstances to refine our character.  And, yes, sometimes in our struggles and sufferings we feel like we're going through the refiner's fire and it is painful.  However, at the deepest place of this process is a place of tremendous and glorious joy.

4 comments:

  1. I praise You in advance for the part these difficult things are going to play in Your good plan for us- in eventual deliverance and growth and fruitfulness. You allow those difficulties in our life so we can become more like You. How good it is that I can call on You to give me wisdom knowledge, and understanding. You live in me so that I can love with Your love,even when it's hard. Thank You that these trails force me to trust You more! I love you Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. attempting to comment...

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautifully said my friend...

    ReplyDelete

Prayer Equals Peace

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow...