Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Let My Heart Be Known


"But whoever loves God is known by God."
I Corinthians 8:3

this voice resounds across time and space
searching, longing, hoping
to connect with one far off, but not forgotten
I see you there
on a distant shore
depicted in haunting color
in my vivid imagination
but now my heart is far away
and though I visit you in my dreams
you are a vapor
I am a wanderer
and I cannot find you though I long for you and your embrace
with all my heart I long for you
with all my strength I yearn
with all my hope I search for you
I pray now, not in vain
with all my might poured out for you
and all my soul laid bare
with all my passion on the altar for you
and none of me held back
I lift up my soul and place it in your hands
hoping, praying, believing
that you will give it wings and make it fly
that you will go to depths for me as I have gone for you
that you will search me out as I have searched out you
that the prayers I have prayed will not have been in vain
that they would echo in the chambers of heaven
the song I sing, heard around the throne
give my voice wings and make it fly
let this cry be heard around your throne
let my heart be known

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer Equals Peace

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow...