Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

More than Here

But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.
II Corinthians 3:18

I lean on You
in the hour of my trial
I know You are still with me
I do not say that because I think it is what You want to hear
or what I think faith would say
I say it because I know
You are here
in my darkest hour
and deepest trial
You are the friend closer than a brother
and my faithful brother, I long for You
my closest friend, I am calling out for You
most precious companion
be near to me
in the hour of my confusion
in the moment of my troubling regret
be the hand upon my shoulder
be the river that runs deep
may my carpet be Your banqueting table
this place where I shed tears
make my soul Your swimming pool
may my heart be the fountain You dance within
Your presence
I need You here
Your changing, transforming presence
do not just be here
I need You more than near
be in me and changing me
transforming me from glory to glory
make my life Your reflection pool
my unveiled face
a window into Your glory
a glimpse into heaven that someone may into peer
Your glory in the face of Jesus Christ
my face a reflection of a heart that has been filled
make this darkness a bastion of Your glory
my ashes a garden of Your beauty
from my shame shine Your bright-gleaming likeness
may my life tell Your story
my broken life possess this treasure
in my earthen vessel, may You be here
but be more than near
be more than here

“For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
II Corinthians 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer Equals Peace

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow...