Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Agape

crushed under the weight of sound and fury
I sing a love song
I lift up my chorus to You
for You have poured out Agape upon me
into my heart
by the Holy Spirit, whom You have given
pressed down, but not destroyed
despairing of life, but refusing to give up
my heart is open, my hands
are wide to You
for there is no other name but Your beautiful name

buried in the agony of disappointment
I stand on a stage
and make a concert for You
for this anthem is one of hope
enduring, never-ending, ever persistent hope
the whole crowd swoons and sways to the sound
caught up in this moment, we are in another world
and we forget
we forget everything but Your sound
we forget our trials and tribulations
in the sound of Your voice
in the glory of this tribute
we disappear

we pay tribute to our tribulations
lest we forget the treasures gained in the darkest of darkness
here is a monument
an altar
here is a sacrifice of worship
where You cut me deep
and crushed me like grapes
where You pressed down hard
where You bound me and tied me up
from distress into a palace of glory
these troubles produce patience
patience, character
and character, hope
for Your love has been poured out
Agape is filling up my heart
and here in Your grace
I now stand


"Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."
Romans 5:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer Equals Peace

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow...