Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

Find Me in the River

“Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb…”
Revelation 22:1

I close my eyes and dream a dream
lying in a river on my back
the water clear, bright and clean
it is shallow, ankle deep
clear as freshly poured water into sparkling glass
shimmering in sunlight
I lie, on my back, in the river
the water, moving swiftly
rolls over me
and on and on it rolls continually
peace like a river
joy like a fountain floods my soul
my eyes are closed
head tilted back
and, though aware of my surroundings
the only thing I care about is the river
beautiful river
glorious current
the bottom of the stream is sandy, mixed with stones
I lie in comfort
smiling face
for the sorrows of the world are long forgotten
the regrets, the shame, the bitterness
like from a dream I have awakened
to find myself repose in this river
I am floating on the water
effortlessly, it flows over me
I reach for my heart to find my sorrow
and it is gone
like a dream, whisked away
now like a child on summer day
I tilt my head back and wonder
how the only thing I care about is this moment
and the only thing I am aware of is this river
and how my heart seems filled with such laughter
and here in heaven’s stream
I feel safe
to this, I say, one day … find me in the river



No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer Equals Peace

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow...