Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

God Brings Glory

I read this quote in a book tonight.  It's from Charles Colson:

"The real legacy of my life was my biggest failure - that I was an ex-convict.  My great humiliation - being sent to prison - was the beginning of God's greatest use of my life; He chose the one experience in which I could not glory for His glory."

Have you ever been in a situation in which you simply could not glory?  Despite the Lord's encouragement to rejoice in the Lord always, you simply could not see any good in what you were going through.

God, why am I going through this?  What is the point?  Whatever good you intended to do in me through this... I feel like I'm just getting worse.  Whatever changes you were trying to work in me through this... Yes, I'm changing, but it doesn't appear to be for the better.  I've disappointed You and myself.  And now I feel like such a failure.  

Yet, God says, "I will bring glory from this."  He will take what in your eyes seems to be a failure and He bring glory through it.  In the very place from which you could find no glory, God says, I will bring glory.  He uses your greatest failure for His great glory.  What God does in your pain becomes a message of healing and redemption to the world.  

From your darkest hour of despair shines a light of God's glory that can never be extinguished.  From your deepest failure, your place of most agonizing pain, God brings glory.  From the depths of suffering, the light of His glory pulsates with eternal strength.

"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us."
Romans 8:18

2 comments:

  1. I love this, preach it. I think God sees nobility in brokenness. The whole point of having faith is to be able to lean on it during the hard times to get through to the greatness waiting for us on the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lord really spokes this to me tonight... that, even though I'm going through a difficult season, He WILL bring glory through it. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete

Prayer Equals Peace

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow...