Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

All My Days Are Dreams

all my days are visions
faint dreams and shifting shadows
vanishing spirits cross the threshold of my life
and I am left grasping for wind
I open my hands to the air
hoping to catch something complete
praying to drink deep
something real
something concrete
all my days are dreams
dark sayings of night
my life is a vapor
a burning flax, bruised reed
a flickering candle no longer snuffed out
I dream in hope
hope is my prison bars and Your light is my window
I hold on to hope 
of what can be and will be
and wonder if what I dream will ever be real
my life is anxious feelings
lying on my bed in the morning
caught up in this whirlwind of motion
my mind swirls in confusion
my heart does toss and turn
my soul lifted up in questioning
and the light before me is dim
I'm reaching the end of my hope
and wonder if I will be left here
panting after the wind
chasing dreams which never seem real
hoping beyond all hope
I reckon my life as good as dead
that when I have reached the end
all will have culminated in fulfillment
completion
a tree of life
a desire fulfilled
my life has become a dream
and I am lost in it
I cannot find my bearings
I cannot grasp where I belong
I search but cannot find the floor
in this blackest of night
so I am left here calling Your name
with the wind, I call out Your name
in the silence, I whisper
Jesus
praying you will not forget me
when I feel so alone
praying You will remember me
when I feel so far from home
Lord, don't let me fade into night
an endless chasing of dreams
but may my wings spread and find flight
in all the good things planned for me

4 comments:

Prayer Equals Peace

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow...