Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Sadness

father, I come here, I come here looking for you
mother, I’m longing, longing to hold on to you
sister, I’ve fallen, I reach my hands out to you
brother, I’m speaking, I want to talk more deeply with you
it’s been a long time, still waiting
for the dream of my heart to be real
in the sadness of these moments, I’m thinking of you
because it’s been so long since I held you
so long since I felt your affections
your lips pressed against mine
now I’m aching for you, longing to hold you
to feel your arms around me and you within mine
in a quiet, wind blown meadow
I can hear and feel the hush of the flowers
as silence is their companion too
I’m at peace, just walking with you
but in that moment of brokenness
I am like the flower that has wilted
the lily of the field that has been trampled
the daisy that has lost its petals
I cry out in my brokenness
that the mountains would fall on me
how can I speak?  how can I dream?
how can I make a sound but the sound of sighing
like the train that has come home
the only sound is the sound of the steam, released
release I pray, release me from this cage
to once again hear the sound of joy and laughter
may the bones you have crushed, once again, rejoice
may they know the love of the moment
standing under the waterfall
gazing quietly by a fire on the beach
drifting like the deer, gliding through the trees
in the stillness of night I gaze at the moon
in these mountains, I see, the stars are so close
my soul weighed down, so I pray
don’t let the moon fall on me, crush me in its grasp
I am here, but the world is unaware
I came here, alone, I wish I could say not lonely
I came here to find my heart, to discover my soul
my heart is like the ocean, deep waters
who can know it, who can find it
there is so much more there, than what lies on the surface
but so often it seems, the surface things are in control
is there a brand new repentance
like the fresh dew of morning
or the fading sunlight of the evening
like the sound of the stream, gurgling past me
I hear the wind is calling, calling me, to sleep
to find myself in another place, a distant land, distant shore
somewhere on the other side of the earth
a place where there is only peace

2 comments:

  1. Your greatest life messages and you most effective ministry will come out of your deepest hurts.

    ReplyDelete

Prayer Equals Peace

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow...