Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Staying Home from Church

I remember one time the Lord told me to stay home from church.  I didn't obey Him.  I'm sure the voice of the Spirit was over-ridden by my sense of religious duty and obligation to attend church.  The service that morning, for me, was lifeless and empty.  Someone else, perhaps everyone else, was tremendously blessed.  But I wasn't supposed to be there.

I believe it was my final semester of college and God knew I had much work to do and wanted me to stay home and work on it.  Unfortunately, I missed out on this opportunity.  Thankfully, God gave me another chance.

Some time later I woke up and immediately knew the Lord wanted me to stay home from church.  His voice was clear a clear impression on my spirit.  This time I obeyed.  I stayed home and had a wonderful time with the Lord.  I put on a CD of worship music.  One of the songs is called "My Beloved."  It is a song where God is singing over His bride.  That morning, in my apartment room, God sang a love song over me.  It was a precious time with Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer Equals Peace

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow...