Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Complete in You

Lord, as I contemplate rhyme and reason
Why You are silent when I want You to speak
Why You speak deep the thing that I did not ask about
And wondered if I cared about
But, obviously it was important to You
Lord, I want You to touch me deep
I want You to fulfill my heart’s desire
I want to awaken to song
I want to know it won’t be long
One day, I know, all things will be summed up in You
Until that day would You do something about how much my heart aches
Would you make me complete in You
At times I have questioned whether You really care
When I plead for You to speak to me
But You seem so silent
When I ask questions
And You answer the ones I never asked
When You pour Your Spirit through me
But, at the end of the day, I still feel broken
Lord, I wonder how long You will wait
When all I want is the thing You have promised me
Lord, I long for the day
When I am complete in You

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Jon. Remember that God hears your heart... not one word goes unheard.

    ReplyDelete

Prayer Equals Peace

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow...