Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Holy, Dark Clouds of Thunder

holy, dark clouds of thunder
between the billowing smoke and the fire
is the gap between you and me
though I long for You, I cannot see Your face
still, You write Your words upon my heart
and I can hear Your song
as it reverberates through my soul
I sing into the darkness
crying out, that I may know You, that I may see Your face
that I may feel Your touch 
O Lord, would You hear me?
would you know me?
show me, show me, show me Your face
holy, dark clouds of thunder
You live in unapproachable light
beyond the gray, behind the veil
the journey from me to You is one of faith
O how You hide Yourself from me
I search the city streets
I search the forest deep
I scower every corner, every recess of my heart
hoping that I might find You
praying that somewhere I might see You
I search the mountain high
examine every stream
to find a glimpse of You
because I can see You hidden in everything
why do You hide Yourself from me
when I long to see You face to face?
holy, dark clouds of thunder
Your breath is like lightning
Your arms are like a vapor
Your face is a storm
but I will push through the rain to behold You
I will push through the night to see Your face
I will stand on the precipice and cry out
now, show me Your glory
may You and all Your goodness pass before my eyes
I will not proceed without Your presence
for Your presence is the day for me
the darkness is light to You
and the night is bright as day


2 comments:

Prayer Equals Peace

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow...