Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Dream of My Dream

I hold my dream up to you, in the palm of my hand
I place it on a pedestal
light a candle
and my dream is a shadow cast on the wall by flickering light
I lift up my dream like an ice cream cone in my hand
I take a lick, a bite, and its taste is cold and sweet to my mouth
a delight
I put a sail to my dream
place it in a wooded creek and release it
I watch it bob and swirl with the currents
as it meanders to the sea
with faith I believe, it will come back to me
I believe… it will come back to me
the candle is snuffed out
the cone has fallen
it lies smashed on the ground
in the darkness I wonder if I will ever see
my dream again
I was going to love people
I was going to help them
my heart was going to beat with love and compassion
freedom was going to be my burning passion
now I dream of my dream
somewhere out there
floating on the sea
and I dream that my dream will someday come back to me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer Equals Peace

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow...